Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Pedagogical Exchange Service (PAD) – an institution of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the sixteen Federal States (Länder) in the Federal Republic of Germany – offers a one-month scholarship to Cypriot students.
- 4-week stay in Germany, from the 19th August until the 18th September 2020, two of which at a family with same-age children. School attendance with participation in German classes and auditing other classes.
- 2-week trips within international groups to Cologne, Bonn, Berlin, Munich or Hamburg; stay in hotels
- Visits to youth and sport events, as well as universities, museums, theatres and other cultural institutions, in order to convey a modern and authentic image of Germany
- Cypriot citizenship or permanent residence in Cyprus for at least three years
- Age between 15 and 17
- Attendance of German classes preferably for at least two years, with good or very good grades – language level preferably B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), and in any case not lower than A2.
- Intercultural competence, ability to integrate into a family and an international group, social skills and tolerance
- Willingness to follow all instructions provided by teachers and support staff, and to integrate into the family during the stay at the family, and the international group during the trips.
Students who hold the German citizenship or have lived in Germany may not participate in the program, as well as students who have received German scholarships in the past.
Written test at the Goethe-Institut in Nicosia, on 26th March 2020 at 09:30 a.m. and subsequent interview with the short-listed candidates. For information on reaching the Goethe-Institut, please visit the following website:
Registration to the selection process:
Via e-mail until 24th March 2020 to the following address:
For more information, please contact the German Embassy in Nicosia:
Tel.: (+357) 22 79 00 21, Contact person: Eleni Antoniou